*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
RC helicopters are small model helicopters that can be controlled with the help of a remote control. With technology getting even more advanced by the day, these RC controlled helicopters are slowly becoming all the rage. RC models have always been a favorite among people who love automobiles and are into heavy mechanical things.
If you are someone who loves helicopters or you know a friend who loves RC helicopters, then this article is for you.
Some of the best RC helicopters that you can buy for under $100 are:
- Cheerwing S107 Phantom
- Syma S107 H-E
- Cheerwing U12S
- Syma S107G
In this article, we talk more about each of these RC helicopters that all cost less than $100 as well as tell you where you can find them and read more reviews about each model.
Each of these RC helicopters have been reviewed by hundreds of buyers and can be trusted to be the best among the many that are available in the market in your price range. If you are a newbie in this world of RC gadgets and toys and are looking forward to making a purchase, make sure you go through this list of amazing helicopters.
Cheerwing S107 Phantom
One of the first things that beginners should look for in RC helicopters is the ease of control. This is only one of the many features that this model helicopter provides. Here are the other features that you can look out for if you are looking forward to purchasing this model of RC helicopter.
- This model RC helicopter has 3 channels and infrared control that allows smooth movement in many directions. ( Forward/Backward, Up/Down, Left/Right movements)
- You can choose from two selectable frequencies to help you get one that works well in your location.
- Has an upgraded metal frame that makes it durable. All RC model helicopters are more susceptible to damage and hence need to be made up of a good durable material in order to last a long time and not be broken after the first flight. This will never be the problem with this Cheerwing RC helicopter as the creators have carefully created them with a good high-grade durable material so you can enjoy this helicopter for a long time to come.
- This RC model comes with an upgraded gyro system that allows precise control and results in very smooth and uninterrupted flights.
- This RC helicopter has been carefully designed in such a way that its design helps it greatly in providing it the agility and speed that is required for flying RC helicopters.
- We all know how no amount of flying is enough for an RC helicopter lover. If you are someone who loves flying your RC helicopter at night, this model has a highly functional flashlight that allows you to do this easily.
To learn more about this model as well as check out all of the reviews for it you just have to click here.
Syma S107 H-E
Why is this RC helicopter among our recommendations for the best RC helicopters for a good price? Read on to find out.
These are the many features to look out for with this one.
- ALTITUDE HOLD FUNCTION: This is among the most unique functionalities of this RC helicopter. This helicopter can be locked at a certain height with the help of the throttle. People who fly a lot know how easy it is to lose control while maneuvering, however, with this feature you will be able to control your RC helicopter much better. This helps beginners and kids to easily control how they fly their new helicopter.
- ONE KEY TAKE-OFF AND LANDING: One of the major reasons why people don’t want to get involved with RC helicopters is because of the complex controls. The best RCs sometimes come with the most complex controls which may scare newbies who are looking forward to creating a hobby out of RC gadgets. However, this is not the case with this RC helicopter as it has a one key control which is used both for take-off and landing. This is hence perfect for beginners who don’t know their way around complex controls.
- STRONG BODY: The body is made up of strong alloy material that ensures durability and longevity. As we know beginners sometimes have a very difficult time learning so the RC helicopter may be susceptible to a lot of damage. Since this RC helicopter is made up of a very durable material, it is resilient to high levels of damage.
- This helicopter also has two selectable frequencies which will keep you from getting interference if others are flying nearby.
- Comes with a controller that has easy controls for all directions. (Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward)
- It is compatible with US standards and is certified to be safe for kids.
You can learn more about this specific model by clicking here.
Cheerwing makes another appearance in our list of the best RC helicopters for under $100. Here’s why:
- The best feature of this RC helicopter is that it has an attached camera and has app support. You can easily click photos and watch a live feed of your flight right on your phone.
- This model RC can be kept constant at a certain altitude and hence is perfect for aerial videography and photography.
- Has easy controls and is perfect for beginners.
- Allows two selectable frequencies you can use to fly. This is perfect for those times you have friends over and could do with a great race.
- Has an alarm that informs you of low battery or no coverage making it easier for you to not lose it mid-flight.
You can check out all of its other great features and reviews by finding it here.
Here are the features of this specific model of Syma RC helicopters.
- Its light body along with easy controls make it very easy to fly and hence make it perfect for beginners.
- Durable battery life and strong body that makes it less susceptible to damage.
- Efficient motor that enables long flying hours without any interruption.
You can check out all of the reviews on Amazon here.
The above models can be said to be only a few among the best RC helicopters for under $100. The purpose of selecting these products is to give you a general idea about the best features that these budget friendly RC helicopters can have so you can compare them to what you find in local stores or online. Since RC helicopters may be on the more expensive side of the price spectrum, always do proper research before you make any investment.
It is well worth the time to go through and read the negative reviews for each model as well so you can see what problems people have had with them. Keep in mind that some people might not be as good at flying them and user error could have a large part in any crashes or things getting broken.
The first drone I ever purchased got caught in my daughter’s hair for instance so user error is a real thing!