Have you ever gone to buy a new RC and wondered who sold the best ones? Many people have had this question and it always comes down to the top two manufacturers. Those two are Losi and Team Associated. In this article we will answer all of your questions and tell you who is better at what they do.
So who is better, Losi or Team Associated?
Although many people have their personal preference, based upon the quality of the vehicles and the service received before, during, and after purchasing their RC vehicles, Team Associated is better than Losi. Overall Team Associated just barely outscored Losi overall.
If you want to know more about Team Associated and Losi, you will want to keep reading this article.
Who are Losi and Team Associated?
Losi and Associated both are the world’s top RC manufacturer companies and both have pros and cons.
Which one is better depends on many things such as Material and vehicle quality. Many people also care about the value for money, and if the car models are user-friendly or not. Both companies have different types of customers who have different choices and requirements.
Losi always focuses on its quality. Losi’s goal is not just making great performing vehicles but also they make vehicles that are manufactured using the highest quality materials and workmanship.
Another thing is that Losi is good for racing. Not only because of their powerful motors, but also because they integrate a lot of features. Losi integrates the powerful cooling system in their cars as well as they are the first manufacturer that started making mini RC cars. The best thing about Losi though is the value for money. This is because Losi provides high-quality parts for a good price.
Team associated models also have powerful car models though. Losi actually only uses an 1800KV brushless motor but Team Associated uses a 3300KV brushless motor. This is why some people think that Team Associated is better then Losi. Another thing is that Team Associated design their cars for long travel and they are best in this field. Another special thing about Team Associated that makes them special is that they use premium parts and have great after sale service.
About Team Associated
Since 1965 Associated Electrics has been at the forefront of hobby-car racing. Team Associated started with a few slot-car parts. Today Associated electronics has grown to design and ship thousands of RC vehicles.
Associated Electrics is the industry leader in race-level competition vehicles in a variety of sizes, ranging from diminutive 1:18 scale to serious nitro-thundering 1:8 scale machines. All of their vehicles are designed and manufactured to ride on-road and off-road.
All of their RC models powered by electric motors and nitro engines. Team associated has buggies, touring cars, monster trucks, and realistic-looking short course trucks.
Their talented engineers design their car for a solid racing experience. So that all the RC models can compete at the highest levels of competition.
Losi is one of the biggest RC car companies all over the world. committed to designing, engineering and building the most innovative, advanced and capable radio control vehicles for enthusiasts across the globe.
Their goal is not just making great performing vehicles but also they make vehicles that are manufactured using the highest quality materials and workmanship.
When you drive or see a Losi vehicle you understand Losi is the best RC brand. Back in October, Losi became the first RC group to complete a lap on the Mint400 race course with the 5IVE-T 2.0, it was the ultimate endurance test 40 years of innovation in the making.
If you have a deep connection or you love to play with RC cars then you would love to buy Losi cars.
Losi is not as big as Traxxas though because Traxxas made various vehicles. Losi not only makes RC cars, but they also makes many other vehicles.
Losi makes monster trucks, rock crawlers, rock racers, short course buggies, buggies, desert trucks, short course trucks, and truggies. Losi is very popular for their buggies, desert trucks, and short course trucks.
Top Team Associated RC vehicles
There are a lot of RC vehicles available in the market that are designed and manufactured by Team Associated.
If you want to look at our top Team Associated vehicles that we love, you can see them by clicking here.
There are a few things to consider when looking for the best RC models.
- Build quality and materials
- Battery life and charging time
- Control range
DR10 Drag Race Car RTR: This is a street racing car that is released with powerful motors and attractive features. Let’s see the features.
- DR10 powered by 3300KV brushless motor and it has 2.4GHz 2-channel radio with a new DVC receiver featuring built-in adjustable gyro.
- It has 2/3S LiPo battery packs.
- The whole car is lightweight and durable.
RC10B6.2D Team Kit: 1:10 scale 2WD off-road has been Team Associated’s signature class since the release of the RC10 in 1984. The Team Associated RC10 buggy series has won 13 of the 18 I.F.M.A.R. World Championships contested since the racing class began. In fact, Team Associated has won more 2WD I.F.M.A.R World Championships than all other manufacturers combined.
- Bolt-on +1 steering block arms for improved steering response.
- 7075-T6 aluminum arm mounts with optimized roll center positions and inserts for tuning anti-squat and toe adjustments.
- 7mm clamping wheel hexes
RIVAL MT10 RTR: This one is one of the powerful and durable models of Associated. Rivel MT10 design for long travel and have adjustable coil-over shocks.
3300KV 4-Pole brushless motor and 2.4 GHz radio system.
- High-Torque Digital Servo with spring-style servo saver.
- 12mm hex wheels.
- The car is water-resistant and it has 2S LiPo battery.
These are the top cars of the team associated but they have a lot of RC models.
Top Losi RC vehicles
If you want to look at our top Losi RC vehicles that we love, you can see them by clicking here!
8IGHT Off-Road Racing Car: When its about Losi’s off-road car then they make vehicles that are manufactured using the highest quality materials and workmanship. Let’s see the features of 8IGHT.
- 8IGHT features 1800KV brushless motor that provides super speeds and competition-grade accelerations.
- It comes with a 4S battery pack and a built-in cooling fan provides additional cooling.
- Using AVC you’ll be able to make the most of the 8IGHT-E brushless power system and impressive 4WD capabilities.
- All the electronics of the 8IGHT RC car are waterproof. It’s awesome and you can drive your car without worry about bad weather or splashing a few puddles.
DBXL-E Losi RC car: The original DBXL-E one of the best selling RC cars because of its durability and box speeds. The DBXL-E set the world on fire as the go-to vehicle for large scale bashers and enthusiasts alike.
- DBXL-E 2.0 comes with 4 pole 780KV Brushless motor. The Brushless ESC and motor provide power with an 8S LiPO battery.
- The ESC is waterproof and completely programmable.
- The ESC will work with most sensorless brushless motors and is Li-Po and Ni-MH compatible.
3XL-E Monster Truck: This off-road monster truck is very well known for its extreme durability and power. Let’s see the configurations and features.
- 4 pole 2200KV Dynamite Fuze Brushless Motor used to run this RC model and an integrated cooler used to mitigate this giant’s heat.
- ESC is waterproof along with Servo and receiver.
- 150A Brushless ESC and Fuze 1/8 Brushless 2200Kv Motor run on 4S or 6S power, providing speeds of up to 50+ MPH.